Hearing aids are a device you commonly see in older folks or individuals born with congenital hearing loss. With that being said, what information out there is fact and what is fiction? What actually are hearing aids? Can hearing aids actually restore hearing that was once lost or can it only boost the limited audio input you can currently hear? These are just a few of the many topics that this article will dive into as well as how AXIL can assist with your audio specific needs.
Hearing Aids: What are they?
Hearing aids cost usually a significant amount of money, but in the end they are well worth the investment. Many people view them as a burden without fully understanding that having a lack of good hearing is what’s truly detrimental. They are simply an electronic device that can give you back the life you once had. There’s different models and variations that you can purchase. They all offer something different whether it be size or features.
The symptoms of hearing loss are fairly straightforward, but if you’re not actually looking for them they may be sometimes difficult to spot. The following is just a short list of easy to spot symptoms to see if you are currently affected by hearing loss.
- Difficulty understanding everyday conversation
- Avoidance of social situations that were once enjoyable
- A feeling of being able to hear but not understand
- Asking others to repeat often
- Having to turn up the TV or radio
- Tinnitus, or ringing and/or buzzing sounds in the ears
- Increased difficulty communicating in noisy situations like restaurants, lively family gatherings, in the car or in group meetings